HR Webinar – How Will the Election Results Impact Human Capital Management in the Coming Months?
The People Have Spoken! How Will the Election Results Impact Human Capital Management in the Coming Months?
Aired live on Wednesday December 2nd, 2020
On November 3, the US ended one of the most contentious and protracted balloting periods in our history. At stake in that election was the Presidency, control of the House, and control of the Senate. At this writing, we are waiting for final votes to be counted to see who will be the next US president (update to come). It appears as if the House will remain in Democratic control, but control of the Senate will depend on two run-off races in Georgia in early January. Assuming that these results hold, what is the impact expected to be for HR professionals? For human capital management in general?
What you will learn
- The Affordable Care Act: with SCOTUS oral arguments scheduled for November 10, what does the future hold?
- Health care planning: what happens to AHPs, STLDIs, EBHRAs, and the rest of the “alphabet soup”?
- Expected changes to guest worker rules, immigration, and visa applications
- Diversity training and corporate culture – what federal contractors need to consider now
- Gender pay equity, minimum wage, and employee leave mandates — will anything change? and when?
- California Prop 22 and federal efforts to redefine employee/contractor status
Find out about upcoming live webinars