Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
Human Resources Information System
A human resources information system (HRIS) is essentially the point where the human resources department intersects with the information technology department. Sometimes also referred to as a human resources management system (HRMS), a strong HRIS combines the expertise of HR professionals with the technology of HR software to manage and organize an organization’s employee data and personal information. A robust suite of HRIS software can help an HR department manage a broad range of essential functions, including:
- Cataloguing and managing personally identifiable data
- Performing key time and attendance functions
- Payroll processing
- Benefits administration
- Employee self-service options for schedule management, payroll information, and more
- Performance management tools for providing employee feedback
- Applicant tracking system for streamlining the hiring process
By automating these functions and more using an HRIS, an organization can reduce the day-to-day workload for HR managers, freeing them to focus on more pressing needs, and enhance their overall employee experience by creating less frustrating and time-consuming processes.
Ascentis’ powerful HRIS software can help you with all of your human resources needs.