Human Resources and Payroll Are Hectic Enough.
Make Year-End Easier With this Checklist.
When planning your year-end activities, there are numerous tasks you must anticipate and strategies to consider, such as ACA compliance and reporting, pay equity compliance by state, employee benchmarking, employee classifications, taxation and reporting of fringe benefits, and the preparation of federal, state and local income taxes, and beyond. So much must be considered and planned that it can be frustrating and overwhelming, which often results in forgotten tasks, and can ultimately create serious compliance issues and fines, or even greater business concerns down the road.
This high-level year-end checklist offers HR and payroll professionals an overview of the most critical year-end activities and recommended best practices to support year-end planning and new year strategic initiatives. In this free downloadable checklist you’ll get guidance on:
- ACA: Employer Shared Responsibility, ACA reporting requirements, the affordability test, and more
- Employee termination benefits audit
- Developing a powerful recruiting and on-boarding strategy for the coming year
- Employee benchmarking
- Compensation: salary reviews, adjustments, total compensation statements, and more
- Establishing training programs required for compliance
- Verifying employee data accuracy
- Deceased and terminated employees
- Form W-4 for 2017
- Employee misclassifications
- Pay equity law compliance
- Tracking and reporting fringe benefits
- Succession planning
- And much, much more!
Get a jump start on your year-end planning for a smooth transition into the new year. Fill out the form to download this detailed checklist now.