Free Payroll Webinar: The A to Z of Garnishments: Part 2
The A to Z of Garnishments: Part 2
View our free payroll webinars to earn credit from the APA
On May 2nd Vicki Lambert presented the second part of the garnishments webinars titled The A to Z of Garnishments: Part 2. Tax levies and creditor garnishments are complex tasks required of all payroll departments. Even the most basic procedures can become complicated due to courts, federal and state regulations, bureaucracies, lawyers and other factors. When garnishments are not handled correctly, you can find yourself facing situations that become very costly for your organization.
Attend this webinar to learn best practices of garnishments for tax levies and creditor garnishments. Also learn federal regulations for creditor garnishments, the IRS rules for federal tax levies, various aspects of state tax levies, the key point for processing state creditor garnishments and much more!
- How to define the various types of tax levies and creditor garnishments
- Federal regulations payroll departments must know
- How to handle terminated employees with respect to garnishments
- How to deduct the proper amounts for student loans, “payday loans”, and creditor garnishments
- What rules must be followed when it comes to state tax levies
- Best practices for communicating garnishments and levy information to employees
- And much, much more!