Free Payroll Webinar: Passing the Test for Exempt Employees Part 2
Passing the Test for Exempt Employees Part 2
View our free payroll webinars to earn credit from the APA
On January 26th one of our most popular speakers, Vicki Lambert presented the webinar Passing the Test for Exempt Employees Part 1. If you missed part one just click here to view the on-demand recording:
Here is what the webinar Passing the Test for Exempt Employees Part 1 covered.The FLSA establishes minimum wage, overtime pay, recordkeeping, and youth employment standards affecting employees in the private sector and in federal, state, and local governments. And while most rules and regulations under the act are well documented, questions still arise from time to time. Join us as Vicki presents the second part of a two-part series aimed at answering the common questions surrounding the FLSA.
In this 60-minute presentation you will learn:
- What exactly is the salary basis test?
- What are the seven exceptions to the “no pay docking” rule?
- What are the consequences of violating the salary basis test?
- Why does an employer need a clearly communicated policy concerning salary docking?
- What other practices violate or do not violate the salary basis test?
- Can an employer pay an exempt employee additional compensation without violating the salary basis test?
- And much, much more!