Free Payroll Webinar on Child Support Garnishments
The A to Z of Garnishments Part 1: The Rules and Regulation of Child Support
View our free payroll webinars to earn credit from the APA
On Thursday March 23rd 2017 Vicki Lambert presented one of her most popular free payroll webinars, The A to Z of Garnishments Part 1: Child Support. This webinar is the first of a three-part series where you will learn the proper handling and processing of garnishments. During this webinar, we will focus on part one, child support. To bring a national standard to child support withholding laws the Federal government has enacted laws that require states to adopt certain rules. Those requirements include deadlines (such as withholding and remitting payments), filing procedures, and what the penalties and fines are for violations. States may also set up their own rules and regulations as long as they fall within the guidelines. Payroll departments must know both federal and state laws to determine which one applies to each specific child support withholding order.
Attend this webinar to clearly understand the national standard to child support withholding laws.
In this 60-minute presentation you will learn:
- How to define child support garnishments
- The federal requirements a payroll department must know for child support
- How state requirements affect child support
- Specific requirements for child support such as deduction limits, deadlines, filing procedures, administrative fees, and penalties/fines for violations
- How to handle child support orders of terminated employee
Be sure to check back for Part 2 and 3 of this webinar! Coming up in May!
Interested in viewing part 1? Just click here.