Free Payroll Webinar: The A to Z of Garnishments Part 3
The A to Z of Garnishments Part 3- The Math
View our free payroll webinars to earn credit from the APA
During the final part of our three part series on garnishments you will learn the proper calculations. In parts one and two of our three-part series we covered the proper handling and processing of garnishments we discussed the rules, regulations and requirements as they apply to withholding and paying child support, tax levies, creditor garnishments and others.
In part three you will learn the best practices for processing the garnishments within the payroll department. We will review various garnishments calculations including how to prorate when an employee has two or more child support withholding orders and not enough disposable income to cover both; the proper calculations for a federal tax levy; what to do if the employee has a creditor garnishment and a child support withholding order and much, much more.
In this 60-minute presentation you will learn:
- Working condition fringe benefits
- Best practices for communicating with employees and issuing parties for all types of garnishments
- Best practices for responding to garnishments
- Best practices for processing garnishments in the payroll department
- Examples for calculating child support when the employee has one, two and more withholding orders with and without arrears
- Calculating the withholding for a federal tax levy
- Calculating the withholding for a creditor garnishment
- And much more
Click here to view this on-demand presentation: http://info.ascentis.com/May-18-The-A-to-Z-of-Garnishments-Part-3_A-to-Z-of-Garnishments-Part-3-OD.html