Year End 2016 and Year Beginning 2017 Webinar and Updates!
View our free payroll webinars to earn credit from the APA!
Preparing for Year End 2016 and Year Beginning 2017
Ascentis hosted a free payroll webinar Preparing for Year End 2016. This free payroll webinar recording is no longer available, but Ascentis hosts a library of similar upcoming titles and many other on-demand payroll webinars. Just click here to view them.
We all are aware that preparing for year-end and year beginning is overwhelming. Preparations should begin as early as January and be conducted throughout the calendar year. This webinar will concentrate on preparing departments for the end of the calendar tax year and the new year. This webinar will discuss best practices to help your payroll department transition from year-end crunch to a smooth and compliant year end process. Along with that, it will cover how to complete a checklist to ensure all task are completed and how a simple two page memo can prevent dozens of employee questions. We will provide an update for calendar year 2017 on such items as social security wage base, deferred compensation limits, mileage rates and Forms W-2 and 941.
Attend this webinar and you will learn the correct steps to take to prepare for year end 2016 and year beginning 2017.
- Reconciliation of Form W-2 to Form 941 and why it must be done
- Update on year-beginning annual changes for social security wage base, fringe benefit limitations, federal per diem allowance, standard mileage rate, qualified transportation fringe benefits, and more
- The best practices on organizing the payroll department for year-end
- The best practices for gathering, calculating and reconciling W-2 data all year long (as is now expected by the IRS)
- The taxation of fringe benefits for year-end including awards and prizes, moving expenses, personal use of company cars and gift certificates
- State regulatory changes affecting payroll including SUI wage bases, minimum wage increases and more
- A review of filing deadlines
During the webinar we were unable to provide you the tax tables for year end but the information has now been released. Just click here to take a look:
JUST ADDED! Update for 2017 mileage rates!