Free Payroll Webinar- Passing the Test for Exempt Employees
FREE PAYROLL WEBINAR
PASSING THE TEST FOR EXEMPT EMPLOYEES PART 1
Ascentis hosted a free payroll webinar Passing the Test for Exempt Employees Part 1. This free payroll webinar recording is no longer available, but Ascentis hosts a library of similar upcoming titles and many other on-demand payroll webinars. Just click here to view them.
Here is what was covered during the webinar:
The FLSA establishes minimum wage, overtime pay, recordkeeping, and youth employment standards affecting employees in the private sector and in federal, state, and local governments. And while most rules and regulations under the act are well documented, questions still arise from time to time. This is the first of a two-part series aimed at answering the common questions surrounding the FLSA.
In this 60-minute presentation you will learn:
- What is exempt, exactly?
- What are the categories of exempt employees under the FLSA?
- What constitutes being an executive, administrative or professional in terms of job duties?
- Who is actually outside sales?
- When can an employee be classified as highly compensated and exempt under the FLSA?
- How does outside sales differ from inside sales when it comes to being exempt?
- Where do the states stand on the categories of exempt employees?