Free Payroll Webinar- Hot Topics in Payroll
FREE PAYROLL WEBINAR
Hot Topics in Payroll- 2017
On February 1st, we presented the webinar Hot Topics in Payroll presented by one of our favorite speakers, Vicki Lambert. Payroll can be a fast-paced profession when it comes to regulations and decision making. A normal day could be turned upside down when the Department of Labor (DOL) broadcasts a new interpretation of a 75- year-old law, or perhaps another entity passed a sick leave ordinance. This is information that you must stay up to date with and understand.
Attend this webinar to learn the seven hottest topics that are the most popular on the payroll boards in recent months.
In this 60-minute presentation you will learn:
- Salary level test- What is the most current news on the DOL’s proposed rule regarding the new dollar amounts for exempt employees
- Economic realities test- The latest interpretation by the DOL on this 75-year-old law
- Sick leave laws- Which cities and states have passed one and which is now prevented from doing so?
- Mailing paychecks- When an employee is mailed a paycheck, at what point is he/she considered legally paid
- Using Federal Income Tax (FIT) to pay for FICA on terminated employees
- Deceased employee child support garnishment: Can you take child support out of deceased employees’ wages?
- Accelerating W-2 deadlines and the states- What is the latest on the new IRS regulations
Click here to view this webinar on-demand: http://info.ascentis.com/Jan-30-Hot-Topics-in-Payroll-2017_Jan-30-Hot-Topics-OD-LP.html