Payroll Webinar: What You Need to Know about Benefits Taxation
Aired live on Wednesday September 23rd, 2020
You will learn the payroll department’s responsibilities pertaining to the set-up of employee benefits, including retirement, health and welfare and other benefits. You will learn what payroll department staff need to know when tax withholding needs to occur and how to communicate the tax withholding effectively to employees. Learn how to be proactive on employee taxation issues with management and prevent surprises.
What you will learn
- Identify the information needed to set-up Retirement Benefits in the payroll system and determine whether withholding taxes are required
- Identify the information needed to set-up Health and Welfare Plan Benefits in the payroll system and determine whether withholding taxes are required
- Which withholding taxes on employee moving expenses are required and communication to employees
- How to use gross-up effectively and the appropriate taxes to withhold
- Identify the information required to report the personal use of company car income, when to report and when to withhold taxes
- Providing voluntary benefits and whether tax withholding is required
Get to know the speaker
Frank Gottschall, CPP
Frank Gottschall, CPA, CPP is an experienced payroll, benefits and accounting executive who was in a leadership position in the payroll field for over 20 years and currently serves as the President of the Gottschall Consulting Group. His career began in public accounting with Deloitte & Touche and he eventually moved to Macy’s, Inc. where he served as the Vice President of Payroll for over 13 years. In March 2009, he transitioned to FirstGroup America, Inc., where he served as the Vice President of Benefits/HRIS/Payroll until he started the Gottschall Consulting Group in September 2016.
The Gottschall Consulting Group performs payroll, benefits and accounting consulting services focused on process efficiency and cost saving opportunities. Frank graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree majoring in Accounting from the University of Cincinnati.
View the slide presentation
Take it with you
Find out about upcoming live webinars