Payroll Webinar: The A to Z of Garnishments Part 3
Aired live on Tuesday January 28th, 2020
We have discussed the legal aspect, now we need to turn our attention to the best practices for processing the garnishments within the payroll department. For example, how and when should payroll communicate with the employee concerning a garnishment? Should tracking reports be set up to ensure proper deductions and payments? These are just a few of the questions we will answer during this webinar.
What you will learn
- Best practices for communicating with employees and issuing parties for all types of garnishments
- Best practices for processing garnishments in the payroll department
- Examples for calculating child support when the employee has one, two and more Withholding Orders with and without arrears
- Calculating the withholding for a federal tax levy
- Calculating the withholding for a creditor garnishment
- Examples of how to calculate the withholding and prioritize the order of distribution when an employee has more than one type of garnishment
Get to know the speaker
Vicki Lambert, CPP
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™, a firm specializing in payroll education and training. The company’s website www.thepayrolladvisor.com offers a payroll news service which keeps payroll professionals up-to-date on the latest rules and regulations.
With over 35 years of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert has become the most sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States that have been attended by executives and professionals from some of the most prestigious firms in business today.
A pioneer in electronic and online education, Ms. Lambert produces and presents payroll related audio seminars, webinars and webcasts for clients, APA chapters and business groups throughout the country. Ms. Lambert is an adjunct faculty member at Brandman University in Southern California and is the creator of and instructor for their Practical Payroll Online program, which is approved for recertification hours by the APA. She is also the instructor for the American Payroll Association’s “PayTrain” online program also offered by Brandman University.
Find out about upcoming live webinars