|Date:||November 18, 2015||Time:||10AM PT / 1PM ET|
|Duration:||1 hour||RCH:||APA Submitted*|
|Presenter||Vicki Lambert, CPP|
FILL OUT THIS FORM TO REGISTER NOW (All fields are required)
Why should you attend?
Payroll can be a fast-paced profession when it comes to regulations and decision making. A normal day could be turned upside down when the Department of Labor (DOL) broadcasts a new interpretation of a 75-year-old law, or perhaps another entity passed a sick leave ordinance. This is information that you must stay up-to-date with and understand. Attend this webinar to learn the seven hottest topics that are the most popular on the payroll boards in recent months.
In this one-hour presentation you will learn:
- Salary level test- What is the most current news on the DOL’s proposed rule regarding the new dollar amounts for exempt employees
- Economic realities test- The latest interpretation by the DOL on this 75-year-old law
- Sick leave laws- Which cities and states have passed one and which is now prevented from doing so?
- Mailing paychecks- When an employee is mailed a paycheck, at what point is he/she considered legally paid?
- Using Federal Income Tax (FIT) to pay for FICA on terminated employees
- Deceased employee child support garnishment: Can you take child support out of deceased employees wages?
- Accelerating W-2 deadlines and the states- What is the latest on the new IRS regulations
About Vicki Lambert
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™, a firm specializing in the training of payroll professionals. With over three decades of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions, as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert is a sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open-market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States, as well as serving as an in-house trainer for businesses such as Sun Microsystems, Fox Studios, Disney, County of Riverside, and the City of Hesperia. Ms. Lambert currently produces and presents payroll related audio seminars, webinars and webcasts for clients, APA chapters and business groups nationwide. Ms. Lambert is an adjunct faculty member at Brandman University in Southern California and is the creator of, and instructor for, their Practical Payroll Online program.
Space is limited. Reserve your webinar seat now. After registering you will receive a confirmation e-mail that contains attendance information. Be sure to whitelist the domains @gotowebinar.com and @ascentis.com so that your webinar confirmation and other webinar communications don't get caught in your spam or bulk email folder.
Registering for an Ascentis webinar means you will be receiving occasional informational, educational and solutions emails from Ascentis. You may unsubscribe at any time.